Please call us if you are in the process of making a legal change in your personal life, or if you are contemplating one.
Family Law is the area of law concerned with the relationship between people connected by blood, marriage or adoption and includes:
- Divorce – through every phase of the dissolution of the marriage contract, we help clients consider and resolve the issues surrounding children, finances and assets division.
- Alimony / Spousal Support – we are dedicated to preserving your investment of emotional and financial resources during and after the dissolution of the marriage.
- Child Support – our strong negotiation techniques and innovative strategies support the development of equitable child support terms.
- Child Custody – we are strong advocates for your children’s rights and what constitutes the best solutions for their welfare.
- Asset Division – we protect your investments in the marriage by skillfully identifying, assessing and negotiating the way personal and business property and investments are distributed. Property can include licenses, graduate or professional degrees, and other non-traditional types of property.
- Paternity – establishing that a man is the father of a child born outside of a traditional marriage is a prerequisite for obtaining child support or maintaining parental rights. We have the expert resources to support your paternal claim.
- Name Changes – we can help you take the legal steps necessary to resume the use of your maiden name after the divorce. The firm also handles regular (non-divorce) name changes.
- Abuse and Neglect — cases brought against parents by governmental authorities and which could result in your child or children being taken from you.